Sunday, February 2, 2014

Ice Ice Baby

Last week a winter ice storm came through the Low Country so I had the opportunity to work from home for two days which meant I could blog a little on the side.  It was pretty unbelievable that just a few days before the ice storm, the temps were in the high 60s and then it dropped to freezing with sleet and ice within 24 hours.  All of the weather changes meant I had to take an unplanned day off from running, which obviously bummed me out.  Ugh, make up your mind Weather Gods!  :(  But anyway, as I sat at my kitchen table snuggled up under a big blanket, with all of my work things in front of me I was able to write a little...

My new favorite thing from Target...
I love Target.. but it's definitely a dangerous place for me to go unsupervised.  I always go there intending to spend around $20 for some groceries or essential toiletries, etc.  But once I get up to the register, I am amazed when it all rings up for $120 or something like that.  Does anyone else have this same problem or is it just me?  I recently stumbled on this cool product from e.l.f.  This is brand that is sold at Target that is extremely inexpensive but I've found to have great little products.  I use e.l.f eye brow powder ($3), blush ($3) and some other products too and I love them.  Now these little lotion wipes are super cool!  I got them in the vanilla coconut scent and they smell amazing.  There are 15 wipes in the container and it was $3.  Any other good finds out there like this one?


That weekend...
Friday night, my best friend Emily came into town from Charlotte and we went to dinner at Al Di La in Avondale.  The place was packed and they were having restaurant week, a set menu with 3-4 different course options.  We had a few cocktails and talked for a long time. It's always good when an old friend comes into town.  I feel like nothing ever changes between us no matter how long we go without seeing each other.
Al Di La's White Chocolate Mousse, Almond Cookie, Berries
Me, Ally and Emily out on Saturday night

My parent's new Golden Retriever...
Meet Emma.  My parents recently got her from Grateful Goldens which is is where we got 2 of our other goldens in the past.  She is about 3 years old and so far is adjusting really well to her new home and fits in well with Ruby, our other one.  If you've never heard of Grateful Golden Rescue and are interested in getting a good family dog, they are an awesome group of people to work with.  They come out to your house and help you and your family find the perfect dog for your lifestyle.  And they are constantly getting new dogs in so you can always check out their website to see the latest news.


Ruby holding a mouse in her mouth that she caught from our backyard.  Good dog.
Emma 
Emma snoozin' on the couch.  Looks like she feels at home already. 











1 comment:

  1. Love the blog, and don't worry it was only on page 2 when I googled "Run and tell that blog" :) Looking forward to reading more running advice and culinary adventures!

    ReplyDelete