Saturday, January 18, 2014

3 Day Weekend!

Yay for a 3 day weekend!  Even though I just had a break for Christmas and New Year I feel like the first 3 weeks in January have been so busy work-wise.  I am looking forward to this long weekend.


This morning I got up and went for a 7.6 mile run.  My parents got me the coolest GPS running watch for Christmas.  Its a Garmin Forerunner 10.  It's really easy to use and it tracks miles run, pace, calories burned, etc.  It even alerts you when you've reached a personal record, which is super motivating.  It also has a USB so I can upload my runs to my computer and track them that way.  I've always loved running but this little baby has made it even more fun.  I highly recommend it to anyone looking for an affordable and easy to use GPS watch.
best Christmas gift ever


A few nights ago I got home from a stressful day at work, poured myself a tall glass of skinny girl margarita and made a recipe I found on my friend, Ally's blog for a warm brussel sprouts salad with homemade croutons.  It's originally from A Beautiful Mess and I adapted it a little.  The original calls for brussels, craisins, garlic, lime juice and mayo.  I added cashews and tomatoes as well.  It was super yummy and had elements of sweet, salty and spicy in every bite.  Here's the recipe and some photos.


chopped sprouts
sprouts sizzlin' in the skillet 
multi-grain bread croutons before baking
my libation
the whole mixture before adding the dressing
the finished product

The whole thing was really easy to make and it's something I will definitely make again soon.  Alright off to run some errands and then out to dinner tonight.






















2 comments:

  1. Hey girl!! Cute posts so far! You need to add a Followers tab so you can gain followers. And join Bloglovin too. I read all the blogs I follow on there. That salad looks so yummy! I'm so glad you made it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Doesn't look too appetizing lol #justsaying

    ReplyDelete