Thursday, May 29, 2014

Wedding Weekend (for Christina, not me...don't get it twisted)

Finally posting this after a long and busy week! (So read it like it already happened, because it did.)

This weekend my good friend, Christina, is getting married.  She and I were college roommates our freshman and senior years at Wofford.  She stalked me (just kidding) on Wofford's freshman online portal and found out that we lived only a mile apart from each other in Charleston.  I will never forget meeting her for the first time for coffee at Barnes and Noble.  She had JUST gotten her wisdom teeth removed and looked like a chipmunk.  I think she was embarrassed but now it's just funny to both of us.  We figured we got along well over frappuccinos in Charleston, why not over beer and boxed wine in Spartanburg too?  And we were right.  I'm surprised the place is still standing after our first year.

My two other friends, Allie and Katie (also college roommates senior year) are honored to be Christina's bridesmaids this weekend.  It's been a long (but fun) celebration of the upcoming nuptials. In the last 5 months, there have been two engagement parties, a bachelorette party in Savannah and a bridal shower.  Tomorrow all the girls are getting together for a bridal lunch at 82 Queen.  This is one of my favorite restaurants in Charleston.  Not only is the food great, but the outdoor courtyard is so beautiful.  There are white lights strung high up in the trees and tables set out among the broken, red and brown cobblestone.  It's like eating in an enchanted garden.  I hope we get to sit out there tomorrow.  Anyway, this whole thing has been so much fun and I couldn't be happier for Christina and Phil.  I can't wait to see the other bridesmaids (cuties pictured below) and celebrate the happy couple this weekend.  


Me, Christina, Katie and Allie
The following photos are a recap of the weekend, starting from the amazing Bridal Lunch at 82 Queen, to the Rehearsal Dinner on the Carolina Girl Yacht (SO MUCH FUN), to the wedding day morning festivities, to the wedding and the great reception after....

Delicious salmon...and goat cheese... yes, please.


lemon and blueberry cake


me and Xtina, the bride-  I loved her dress!

And her shoes!

Me and Katie at the rehearsal dinner (on a yacht).

Getting our hair did.

All the maids in our cute shirts X got us. 

Right before we put her in THE DRESS.

THE DRESS.

Naked bridesmaids (not really) - Allie and me.


The Happy Married Couple.


I'm nakie again.


Brinks after the hectic wedding weekend...


What an amazing weekend it was!  I am so happy for Christina and Phil and I know they have a bright and fun future ahead of them.  The wedding weekend was hectic and non-stop.  It was filled with hair appointments, dance parties, bubbly champagne, naughty gifts, amazing food, and friends new and old.  Needless to say when Monday morning rolled around I was less than thrilled.  It was a long and tiresome week but I wouldn't trade any of for a few more hours of sleep.  We can sleep when we're dead, right?


No comments:

Post a Comment